Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day At The Aquarium

I think Rylee was pooped after an exciting day at the Aquarium
Rylee loved the birds
Daddy and Rylee posing by the birds Nap? Who me? No Way!!!!
Just can't quite reach the paci
Roley, Poley

Last weekend we decided to have a "family day" and just find something to do as a family and just get out of the house for awhile. So we decided to pay a visit to the Virginia Beach Aquarium. Rylee of course wasn't all that interested, but then again neither were Chris and I. We were both very disappointed. They didn't have hardly anything in their exhibits. Everything had signs saying "under construction" or "waiting on new residents". So we spent most of our time in the bird sanctuary.

Overall though it was a very relaxing weekend. Chris went golfing that Saturday and Rylee chilled at home. She took a 4 hour nap and I actually had to find something to do!! So I read for awhile, watched a little tv, and played on the computer. I think this was the first time in a long time (5mo probably) that I actually said I didn't have anything to do!

It seemed that the excitement of the weekend continued through the week. . . Rylee started rolling over nonstop!! She rolled over the first time at 11 weeks. We had put her to sleep on her belly and found her on her back. Then a week or so later she rolled over again, but I was the only one around. That was the day before I went back to work for the first time in 3 mo. I had been so upset about starting back to work and missing out on all her milestones. I truly believe that God used that opportunity to reassure me and give me peace of mind. He knew how truly worried I was. After that day it was another 3 months before she would roll over again! Chris still hadn't seen her roll over until just the other day. She rolled over for the babysitter one day this week, so we brought her home and instantly put her on her belly in hopes she'd excite us w a roll! We weren't disappointed! Chris can now say he's seen her roll over. Now she doesn't stop rolling. Now we're done w the rolling and ready for her to start crawling!

1 comment:

  1. Rylee is growing!! I love the video of watching her roll over :) Super cute! Hope all is going great your way!!

    ReplyDelete