Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Daddy's Home

Chris has been gone off and on for about 10 days w the ship. Well yesterday they got to come home so Rylee and I went to watch the ship pulling in. It was an awesome experience! I've been on Chris's previous ship before, but had never seen it actually doing anything other than just sitting there. So this was definitely an experience to remember! Rylee of course had no idea what was going and could've cared less. She was more interested in the other people that were around. Especially the little kids. There were a few other wives/significant others there waiting/watching w their kids.
Rylee and I did a whole lot of nothing while he was gone. It was extremely lonely and boring being cooped up in this apartment. We had seen him a little over the last week or so, but it still felt like the longest 10 days of my life!!!! We tried taking walks whenever possible, but the weather has turned kinda chilly so that put an end to that. I'm already thinking ahead to the next one which is longer than the last one!!!! UGH!! I will be so glad to get home so we can keep ourselves busy. That's the worst thing about him being gone is he's my only adult contact! So when he's gone we literally have nothing to do and nowhere to go! That makes for an extremely long week!! Things could definitely be worse though. . . he's not in Iraq or Afghanistan and he doesn't have people shooting at him everyday. I think of those men and women and their families all the time!
After we waited 3 1/2 hours for him to get off the ship we came home so he could clean up a bit and then headed to the Olive Garden. I really didn't want to spend his first evening home cooking and cleaning in the kitchen. And of course Rylee is the Olive Garden Queen! She loves pasta!!! Plus by the time he got off the ship Rylee hadn't eaten since lunch and I hadn't eaten since breakfast! And what little food was left in is we walked off by passing time waiting on him to get off the ship!!
Rylee loved the Olive Garden! She's been numerous times since she was born since this is Mommy's favorite place to eat, but this was the first time she was able to indulge in the yumminess!! There wasn't a thing she didn't like! She loved the breadsticks (especially dipped in Alfredo sauce) and I had ordered chicken alfredo so I was sharing that w her and she was shoveling it in by the handfulls!! Let's just say she left her mark on the Olive Garden bc by the time she was done she had created quite a mess on the floor!!!
Here are some pictures of Chris's ship pulling in. In some of them you can just barely make out the white stick figures around the top of the ship. These are some of the sailors in their white uniforms standing around the top manning the rails.
This picture was taken on the fishing pier after Chris's ship was pretty well out of sight. I just asked some random wives if they would take our picture. Rylee still wasn't awake yet. She hadn't had a nap so she fell asleep in the car for a few minutes. I had to wake her up to get her out to watch the ship pulling in.
Ok now you can really see the sailors around the top. This picture was taken after we were back in the car and getting ready to leave. I didn't realize they were going to be pulling in so close to where we were until we were actually in the car getting ready to leave. So I snapped a few shots from inside the vehicle. Most of the time it's not ok to be taking pictures or videos for security reasons so that's why I didn't get out and take any better pictures.
Well now that Rylee is one she is really keeping us busy! She's not quite walking yet though she does take a random step or two here or there. She loves to walk if someone helps her. If I'm sitting down she'll come up to me and take my hand and start to walk away. She loves to hold my hands and walk through the house. She does really good walking this way. She's also so much more aware of everything around her. If i'm sitting at the computer she'll come up behind me and grab ahold of my clothes and turn me around so she has my attention.
She's talking up a storm although you can basically only understand "Go, dog, and da da." She does have a couple new words. She says "duck" and just the other day finally started saying "momma." She still says da da more than anything, but is definitely saying momma more and more each day. She's started pointing at things and getting really excited. Like when Mickey Mouse comes on tv she'll point and smile real big and just get so excited. With all this new awareness comes the ability to throw tantrums! And let me tell you this little girl has that down pat!!
She loves to help mommy clean the kitchen. Although its usually when im loading, shes unloading. This was after her bath one night. She loves to run around naked!

This picture was so cute. She has such a sweet innocent look on her face. See that look on her face? She's already looking at me bc she knows I'm about to tell her no and to be nice to the doggy. That's the look I get every time she's about to do something she knows she's not supposed to be doingSometimes when I'm trying to take her picture I have to be very non chalant about it or she comes to investigate. Which is what she's doing in this picture. I was doing something and it caught her attention.I had no idea she had that funny look on her face when I snapped the picture. It's like she's trying not to let Rocky know that she's up to something, but at the same time she's keeping a close eye on him.See that awful look on her face? This is the I'm ticked off at you face and I really just want you to leave me alone! This was so hilarious. I had been loading the dishwasher w some assistance of course and I turned my back for a second to grab a sack (which you can see on top of the counter) that was on the kitchen table. When I turned back around she was sitting on top of the dishwasher w her Mickey Mouse plate and a fork in one hand and a spoon in the other! I laughed until I cried!!! Just a quick note on this pregnancy. . . the one that I tend to forget about bc of how busy this little one keeps me!! I've been feeling great! Half the time I forget I'm even pregnant!! I'll be 24 weeks this Friday (4/24). I am starting to get to the point where I'm feeling a little more tired than normal, but it's not that bad.

We'll be leaving for Indiana on Friday April 30th. So this will be my last blog for awhile till we get home and get settled. Chris will most likely be coming home w us for a week or two so I probably won't do much until after he's gone. So i guess this time I get to say. . . See ya all real soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment