Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fun Times with Family and Friends

Rylee with Great Grandma and Grandad Worth
Rylee with her cousin Kacey
Rylee with her cousin Jenae
Rylee with her cousin Kindra
5 GENERATIONS (L to R)-Pappy, Great Grandma Eleanor holding Rylee, Great Great Granny (Clara Agan-who is about to turn 96 in July), & Daddy
We just got back last week from Rylee's first trip home to Indiana. We had a great time visiting and spending time with everybody. Rylee did really good on the ride there. It was a 17 hour drive!!!!! It was a crazy 10 days, but we loved every minute of it and hated to leave everybody. While we were there Rylee started sleeping through night!!!!!!!!!! It was kinda scary though the first time she did it. She went to bed around 9:30 that night and didn't wake up till 4:30 that morning! When she first woke up I had no idea what time it was, but had woke Chris up with the promise that if he got up with her this time I'd get up with her for her 4 o'clock bottle (she usually eats every 4 hours). Chris got up with her but she was extremely fussy and wouldn't settle down. I could hear her screaming so I got up to see what was going on only to realize it was 4 in the morning and that nothing was wrong with her she was just EXTREMELY hungry and getting more impatient by the minute as Chris and I tried to figure out why she was screaming. . . hahaha!
While it might've been a crazy 10 days it was alot of fun and also kind of bittersweet. I've always missed being back in Indiana with our family and friends but never as much as what I do now that I've had Rylee. I didn't just hate to leave it actually broke my heart. I hated taking Rylee away from family that cares so much about her but rarely gets to see her. Thankfully we'll be back in just 2 short years and in between then we'll be back as much as we possibly can for visits. But for those of you who are close to home or close to family don't take any day you have with them for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment