Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rylee Marie. . . A.K.A: Our little Sumo Wrestler

Rocky couldn't stand not to be a part of this!! He's slightly jealous.
I love these little headbands, but her heads really to big for them. We discovered that the other day when we took this one off and it left little indentions in her head!!
I'm such a bad mommy. . . make her wear headbands that are too small. . .let formula drain down the side of her face to where it dries in the side of her neck rolls!!!
See what I mean. . . you can actually kinda see her little fat ringlets in this pic!
We were sitting outside on the patio watching the storm roll in. Rylee got tired of waiting on it to get here.
She loves her swing! When all else fails she'll sleep in her swing!
So here's what's been happening since my last post. . .
Rylee has a nickname now. . . "Our little Sumo Wrestler." You're probably wondering how she got that nickname right?? Well here's how. . .
A few weeks ago I'm in our bedroom taking a much needed nap when Chris comes rushing in with Rylee in his arms saying "She's got something wrong with her neck!!" I'm slightly panicking, but trying to keep my cool until I figure out what he's talking about. So he puts her in my arms and points out this "area" on her neck. Oh my gosh it was a raw area where her skin had broke down!! So now you're probably wondering how the heck something like that happens and you're probably thinking that only happens when babies get diaper rash right? Well not when you have a miniature sumo wrestler for a newborn!!!! Not only was this area on her neck red and raw it had all kinds of gunk stuck to it. Turns out all this was from where her formula runs out of her mouth down the side of her face and down her neck (guess thats what they make bibs and burp clothes for huh!). Who knows how long it had been like this. Since she's got so many fat ringlets (hence the nickname Sumo Wrestler) you couldn't see it unless she turned her head and stretched her neck out. Now I swear i bathe my child, but once again she's got so many little fat ringlets that it's hard to get in between all of them.
Rylee turned 1 month this past Thursday! It's amazing how fast it goes! She's growing more and more everyday. Just this week we had to adjust her car seat straps. We were getting ready to leave and I put her in it but couldn't get her arms through the straps they were so tight (this could be because she eats like a sumo wrestler. . . hahaha). She's taking 5 oz every 3 hours now. Sometimes she'd eat sooner than that if we'd let her. It was kind of a sentimental moment for mommy knowing that my little baby is growing so fast. I've noticed alot of other changes that have come with her turning 1 month. She's awake for longer stretches through the day. I wish I could say that while she's awake longer through the day that she's sleeping for longer stretches through the night, but unfortunately that's not the case!!
She also smiles alot more when you talk to her. Yesterday she was laying on the floor on a blanket sucking on her pacifier and I was sitting at the computer when she kept spitting her pacifier out and fussing because she'd spit it out. She was spitting it out about every 5-10 minutes and I'd turn around and put it back in. After doing this SEVERAL times I started talking to her and was telling her in a silly "baby talk" voice that I'd about had enough of this. It was perfect timing because right as I said that she looked at me and smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen. Like she was telling me she could really care less if I'd had enough or not!
With Mother's Day being this weekend Chris surprised me by asking me if I wanted to go to the Olive Garden Friday evening for the other half of my Mother's Day present. This was another pacifier moment. . . I held Rylee's pacifier in her mouth with one hand and ate with the other! I also had big plans for us for the weekend. More than anything else I wanted to go to church Sunday especially since it was Mother's Day and this would've been our first trip to church as a family. What a better time than Mother's Day for a first church outing. Well, little did I know that the boss of the family had other plans in store for us. For some reason Rylee decided she did not want to go to sleep last night. It took 4 hours of trips back and forth from her room back to ours before she decided to go to sleep!!! I tried everything. . . changed her, fed her, held her, rocked her, talked to her, rubbed on her all to no avail. She was not having anything to do with going to sleep. She didn't want to eat either. She just wanted to snack all night which led to her waking up every hour wanting to eat!!! Needless to say we didn't make it to church. I guess there's always another Sunday.
This weekend was also a weekend of more "firsts." Since giving birth to this mini sumo wrestler I can't fit into any of my clothes. I literally have nothing but tshirts and maternity clothes that fit. So I decided to treat myself to an afternoon out doing a little shopping. So this was my first outing without Rylee and it was Rylee's first time home alone with just her daddy. I don't think I've ever dreaded shopping as much as I did this time. Probably for more than one reason. One being when I tried on my first pair of pants and discovered I've gone up 2 pant sizes!! Two being I missed my little girl and felt kinda guilty for wanting to get away for awhile. I don't think she missed me near as much as I missed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment