Sunday, May 3, 2009

Random Thoughts. . .

It's been a few days since I've posted anything so I finally found the energy and the time to post a few pics and a few random thoughts. It's been an exhausting week and I've never been so grateful for the weekend to get here. Rylee chose not to sleep three nights in a row and had me so exhausted I couldn't function. Thankfully the weekend got here and Chris was able to take over. I slept till 11am on Saturday and then 10am on Sunday. I definitely got some much needed rest. It was so nice to hear the words "I got it go back to sleep." So Rylee has switched beds again. She started out sleeping in her bassinet and within just a couple of weeks had outgrown it so we moved the pack n play into the bedroom and she slept in there for a few nights. It didn't last long though and she wasn't happy sleeping there either so reluctantly we moved her to her crib. I think she was more ready for this transition than I was. I just couldn't imagine her being so far away at night, but I was willing to do whatever would get me the most sleep. So the first night with her in her crib was a sleepless night for me. I kept waking up every so often thinking she wasn't crying or fussing so I would get out of bed and go check on her. By the time I got back to sleep it was time for her to eat and she was actually fussing. Needless to say after the first night her and I both slept much better. Chris and I have been talking since before we were ever discharged from the hospital about coming home for a visit. Now that we're home and settled in we finally decided on a date. We're planning on coming home May 21st-June 1st and I'm counting down the days! I just keep thinking coming home equals rest for an exhausted mommy because Rylee will have more than enough people willing to keep her for a few hours so mommy can catch up on some much needed sleep. I'm excited too for all the family and friends that haven't seen her yet. Oh and of course the best part of it all is I GET A MASSAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chris told me the other day that my mother's day present is a gift certificate for a massage when we come home. Wow. . . i couldn't ask for a better vacation. . . sleep and a massage all in one week!!! INDIANA HERE I COME!!!! :)
Don't ask me what she was doing in this picture. I don't remember where we were going. I just happened to come across this picture in Chris's phone and thought it was adorable.
Rylee has become quite the couch potato. She loves to lay on the couch all bundled up in her swaddle.

3 comments:

  1. She is growing! So cute:) I will have to try to get ahold of you while your in Indiana for a visit. I would love to see you and meet little Miss Rylee. Wow, a massage!! Sounds wonderful! Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And yes she is growing like a weed already!

    Yeah we'd love to see you too. Here's my number 812-486-9467

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got home from Derrick's birthday get together at the campground. WE had hamburgers and hotdogs and Milkyway cake. It was very good. Bruce and Nancy and Derrick and Granpa and granma were there. I can't wait to see little Rylee. Uncle Ed

    ReplyDelete